Being big fans of podcasts in the studio, Tuesdays usually mean a new episode from a firm favourite 99% invisible. If you haven’t heard it already, (in their own words), “99% Invisible is about all the thought that goes into the things we don’t think about — the unnoticed architecture and design that shape our world.” Expertly produced and thoroughly researched, episodes can cover anything design related from graphic design to product design, architecture and sound design. But with over 300 episodes, starting can be a daunting prospect! So here are five recommendations to get you going. Happy listening.
- The Barney Design — The story of 90’s basketball jerseys
- Coal Hogs Work Safe — A deep dive into coal miners safety stickers
- Sounds Natural — The magic of foley artists
- Half a House — Smart solutions to affordable housing
- Separation Anxiety – Taiwan’s waste management